To be able to talk about this makeup technique, we must first talk about … Kim Kardashian! Kanye West’s wife is the queen of contouring.
This technique allows facial features to be sculpted using only makeup. How? Contouring plays with the shadows and points of light on our face to define it. That is, we look for which areas to highlight and which to hide to favor our face. In general, dark tones deepen and deepen features, while light tones highlight and «project out».
HOW CAN YOU DO IT AT HOME?
1. Prepares the skin to look healthy and luminous. Go for a good moisturizer and choose the makeup base that best suits your skin tone. Actually, to achieve the desired effect, you only need three products: bronzer, blush and highlighter.
2. It starts brightening before darkening. That way you won’t go overboard with the effect. Of course, always apply the highlighter starting from a homogeneous face –after the foundation and the concealer–, on the cheekbones, the brow bone and in the center of the upper lip. If you want to refine the nose, extend the highlighter in the front towards the forehead. The highlighter is always applied with a slightly compact brush with an elongated and rounded shape at the end or with the fingers with light upward strokes.
3. Take a large brush and apply the dark tone (you will need some sun powder) just below the cheekbones (towards the ear area), at the top of the forehead (just where the hair begins), around the contour of the jaw and temple. Use a finer brush to highlight the sides of the nose.
4. To finish sculpting the face, it is necessary to apply the blush in the right place. If you don’t know what it is, smile slightly and run the brush over the most prominent part of the cheekbone. A trick? If you go too far with the amount, apply sheer loose powder with a clean brush.
5. Blend the products with the brush, so that they melt and have a super natural finish. If you want your makeup to last longer, apply a translucent powder to set the look.
Start practicing until you look like a Kardashian!